Documation is a well established and successful company specialising in Content Management and Business process automation. Our extensive customer base in the UK, Europe and USA includes well known major private sector businesses in Retail, Manufacturing, Logistics and Financial Services along with public sector organisations including NHS trusts and Local Government.
We have a well deserved reputation for providing great solutions and excellent customer service. This is an exciting time to join Documation as we are currently engaged in developing our next generation of Solutions and Products to drive further success, the chosen candidate will have an important part to play in that future. We have a great company ethos and believe in combining professionalism with strong team values and fun
- Competitive salary offered
- UK and International travel as and when required
This is a brilliant role for someone who wants to combine software skills with customer facing activities. The role of our Professional Services team is to combine an understanding of customer requirements with a working knowledge of our Software platform in order to configure and script software solutions and change requests, and implement these solutions to our customer base. The Professional Services team have a customer facing role delivering our software to customers in a dynamic, engaging and professional way, configuring the solutions delivering systems, and also providing customer training, user acceptance testing assistance, project management and post go-live support. The team get involved in writing SQL database scripts and stored procedures, XML/XSL scripting and also in configuring complex software systems.
As a Technical Consultant you will be involved in configuring, unit testing and implementing solutions, also providing user training and user acceptance testing support.
Candidates will need an aptitude for designing and crafting software solutions coupled with the desire to learn quickly and the excellent personal skills to succeed in this type of role – maturity, reliability, self-motivation and enthusiasm coupled with great interpersonal, written and presentation skills.
- Be a strong confident communicator
- Have a background in creating and implementing software solutions into a variety of customer or internal environments
- Be customer service, quality and standards focused
- Ideally educated to Degree level
- At least three years industry experience of creating and delivering software solutions
Technical Skills and experience (essential)
- Configuration and Deployment of software solutions
- Training preparation and planning – preparation of customer training including creation of materials
- Training skills – training users in software applications
- Writing SQL queries and data manipulation / interrogation
- Issue / query troubleshooting in customer / internal environments
Technical Skills and experience (desirable)
- XML – reading / scripting, HTML, XSLT, SQL SSRS
- Delivery of web-based solutions
- Creation and configuration of SQL Server SSDT / DTS and SSIS Packages
- Experience of document processing solutions
- Experience of financial solutions / invoice processing or bespoke business solutions
- Network architecture, IT security and Active Directory
- Experience of working in a customer-focused service environment
- Project Management
- Solution Design and Specification
- Experience of executing manual / automated testing
- Experience of liaising with customer contacts regarding software / solutions across a wide range of levels of seniority and technical experience
- Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Visio, Project, Powerpoint, SharePoint