The role of Support Analyst is a brilliant opportunity for someone looking for a career in software support. The role of our support team is to provide an excellent level of service to our varied client base. This will require the successful applicant to diagnose and troubleshooting issues and queries both on copies of customer environments, and remotely with production environments, in line with our service level agreement.
The support team have a good working knowledge of our client solutions, and utilise an online interface, telephone support and shared sessions in order to assist customers with their queries. The team engage with our clients in a dynamic, engaging and professional way, also providing customer training, user acceptance testing assistance along with more general day to day support.
The team get involved in writing database scripts and stored procedures for both SQL and Oracle, working with Windows client / server architecture, XML/XSL scripting and also adjusting configuration and applying patches and updates to complex software systems.
- Competitive salary offered
- Office based with some travel as and when required
The successful candidate will ideally be educated to degree level, be organised and methodical with attention to detail, a strong communicator with good verbal and written skills and of professional appearance pleasant phone manners. A full UK driving licence is preferable.
- Windows Client and Server operating systems
- MS Office applications including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Working on a busy Support Desk in a customer focused environment
- Supporting external customers in SLA based working environments
- Microsoft SQL Server: 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016
- Writing SQL queries and manipulating data
- IIS & Component Services
- VPN & other remote access technologies
- Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c
- Document Management Technologies
- Optical Character Recognition Technologies
- Software Development and working with Development Team
- Oracle Databases: installation, querying and data manipulation
- Networks architecture, IT security and Active Directory
- Production scanners (e.g. Kodak, Fujitsu)
- Citrix / terminal service technologies
- SQL Server SSIS Package
Package: Salary will be commensurate with the experience and skills of the successful candidate.